Our mission is to realize a sustainable change in world food supply with our innovative hybrid potato. To expand our Commercial team and to help drive our business, we are looking for an International Sales and Business Developer for the African region (full time). The primary focus of this position is to find, develop and scale sales opportunities in the Africa region. This will involve establishing and maintaining connections with strong partners, creating and executing sales plans and strategies, and enabling both short- and long-term success via scalable opportunities. This will require significant time spent in the field to ensure market expertise and close client relations, as well as working closely alongside our global commercial team to ensure learnings and successes are maximized across the organization.
The International Sales and Business Developer reports to the Commercial Lead and is a key member of our global commercial team. We seek a creative, team-oriented, and proactive individual with relevant sales experience.
Role & Responsibilities:
- With a customer-driven and creative mentality - establish true partnerships, identify (new) sales opportunities, generate demand and drive sales to help grow our business
- A market expert, especially in the relevant markets, understanding the market (customer) needs
- Become an active member of our global commercial team to ensure what we learn across one region can be applied in another
- Ensure we reach our global sales targets
- At minimum a B.Sc. degree in Agriculture, International Agri & Food, International business, Business Administration, or another field of expertise that has strong relations to our business ambitions
- 3-5+ years relevant and professional work experience within the related geography preferred
- Agricultural sales experience in Africa
- Proactive and Strategic mindset
- Excellent communication: good soft skills to develop and maintain customer relations in different cultural environments
- Able to understand and clarify customer needs
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Native/ bilingual proficiency in English (both written and spoken);
- Able to work efficiently in a dynamic and fast-moving environment where every day brings new challenges
What We Offer:
- Game-changing company with strong focus on improving food security and enabling a more sustainable future
- A challenging job in a constantly changing environment, where the status quo changes daily
- A global scale-up with opportunities to work both cross-functionally and across different parts of the world
- An enthusiastic and growing team with ambition and passion to drive real change
- A competitive salary, in line with your experience and education growth opportunities
- The opportunity to join a dedicated team working on ground-breaking innovations for improving the global food supply
To join our team as an International Sales & Business Developer, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (or fill in the form below):
- A cover letter addressing your ability, experience, and alignment with and motivation for this position
- Your CV
For any questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Mike Henske at email@example.com.
Take the next step in your career and drive innovation at Solynta - apply today!