Solynta is a young seed company based in Wageningen that develops high-quality hybrid potato varieties and produces hybrid true potato seeds (HTPS). At Solynta we are building a new road that pushes the boundaries of sustainable improvement in food and nutritional security worldwide.
This revolution in breeding not only greatly enhances the speed of product development but also provides huge logistical and phytosanitary advantages, replacing 2500 kg of traditional seed tubers with 25 grams of seeds. Solynta is at the forefront of this innovation and, with its patented technology platform, excellently positioned to target the multi-billion-euro global market for potato genetics.
Our mission is to realize a sustainable change in world food supply with our innovative hybrid potato. To expand our Supply Chain team and to provide our customers with good quality seeds, we are looking for a: Seed Tuber Production Specialist (32-40 hours a week).
Role & Responsibilities:
In your role as a Seed Tuber Production Specialist, you will be responsible for the monitoring and improvement of the running seed and seed tuber productions. Therefore, you will work closely together with the production research team, breeding team and several external producers. You will optimize the production protocol, closely monitor the practical implementation and actively suggest improvements when needed.
You are driven, practical-oriented and flexible to support our production partners all over the world. You will keep close contact to help and support them. In addition, frequent field visits to these producers will be a key part of the job.
You will mainly work in our headquarters in Wageningen for planning, project and/or team meetings. Furthermore, you are able and willing to travel frequently to visit our (international) production locations (20-30% of your time).
- Essential is proven hands-on crop expertise from working in the field or in a greenhouse
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (HBO+) in Plant Sciences or related studies
- 0-5 years professional work experience
- Flexible work attitude: offer support during peak moments in seed tuber production and frequent (international) travels
- Excellent communication: good soft skills to discuss (crop) problems with external producers and to improve processes globally
- English communication and reporting skills at good level; other languages are a pre
- Able to work efficiently in a dynamic start-up environment where every day brings new challenges
- You currently live in the Netherlands
What We Offer:
- Game-changing company with strong focus on improving food security and enabling a more sustainable future
- A challenging job in an international seed production network
- Many opportunities for growth, personal development and initiative
- A competitive salary, depending on work experience and education
- Possibility to work from home
- Internet compensation
- 25 holidays (based on fulltime employment) and the 5th of May as a nation holiday every year
- Possibility to buy extra holidays
- An employment for one year with the intention for a permanent contract
If you are motivated to strengthen the Supply Chain team, please fill out the form below.
For more information about the content of this position, please contact Reinout Pennings (Supply Chain Lead), phone: 06-33580832. For questions about the procedure, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.