Solynta is an innovative, young seed company based in Wageningen that develops new, robust hybrid potato varieties grown from hybrid true potato seeds (HTPS). Through hybrid potato breeding, we can quickly develop potato varieties that have high resistances against diseases and pests and are better suited to withstand climate change. At Solynta, we are dedicated to developing potato varieties to improve global food security and grower wellbeing.
We have developed a breeding method, that not only greatly enhances the speed of product development but also provides huge logistical and phytosanitary advantages, replacing 2500 kg of traditional seed tubers with 25 grams of seeds. Solynta is at the forefront of this innovation and, with its non-GMO technology platform, excellently positioned to target the multi-billion-euro global potato market.
Our mission is to realize a sustainable positive change in world food supply with our innovative hybrid potato varieties.
We are looking for an intern to join our Business Development Team for a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 6 months. The ideal candidate would be coming from a study of Agricultural Business (HBO or WO).
- Conduct market research in specific market segments.
- Analyze market trends, evaluate segment sizes, and identify growth opportunities.
- Conduct farmer inquiries and on-the-ground data collection.
Qualities and Skills
- Analytic skills, ability to derive insights from data analysis and market trends.
- Pro-active and independent while communicating clearly on a team level.
- Work hard, but have fun while doing so.
Benefits of this internship
- Game-changing company with strong focus on improving food security and enabling a more sustainable future.
- Opportunity to set up a project with real impact on Solynta’s innovative business practices.
- Being part of the dynamic Commercial Team of Solynta.
- Option to work from home for a maximum of two days per week.
- Monthly financial compensation.
If you are looking for an exciting internship in a truly innovative seed company, please apply via the button below.
For more information about the content of this position, please contact Xarain van Os (Sales & Business Developer) email@example.com. For questions about the procedure, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.