Solynta is one of the most promising scale-ups in world food supply with a game-changing technology. Solynta is using hybrid potato technology to grow a more sustainable future. Our mission is to help create global solutions for food and nutritional insecurity by giving farmers better, stronger and more cost-efficient ways to grow crops. Solynta’s true potato seeds combine years of agricultural experience with the newest hybrid breeding technologies. Solynta’s True Potato Seeds technology:
- Replaces 2500 kilo of perishable potato-seed-tubers with 25 grams of pristine true-potato seeds to start a crop
- By natural breeding, these seeds can be improved much faster with beneficial natural traits like disease resistances - limiting the need for pesticide use- and made more robust against climate change impact.
For our next phase of growth, we are looking for a:
Controller (32-40 hours a week)
As Controller, you will report to the CFO. You also lead the finance team consisting of a financial controller and administrative assistant.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Solynta’s financial reporting and budgeting
- Leading a small team and overseeing day to day financial operations
- Preparing annual accounts and contacts with auditor
- Treasury & Taxes
- Insurance, subsidies
- Accounting Information system
- Strengthening financial decision making and -control together with functional leads you support
- Business analysis and valuation
- Investment analysis
- Strategic planning
We are looking for you if you:
- Have completed a Master's degree in Accounting & Financial Management or Accountancy
- Have at least 3 years relevant experience
- Are available 32-40 hours per week
- Have an excellent command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbally and in writing
- Enjoy working in a scale up company
- You have excellent computer skills
- You have strong social skills
- You are analytically strong
- A responsible position in a game-changing company with strong focus on improving worldwide food security and enabling a more sustainable future.
- An organization with high growth potential and with passionate colleagues.
- An environment in which you can develop your personal skills.
- A challenging job in a constantly changing environment, where the status quo changes daily.
- An enthusiastic and growing team with high ambitions and a passion to drive real change.
- A competitive salary, in line with your experience and personal development opportunities.
To join our team as our new Controller, please fill in the form below including:
- A cover letter addressing your ability, experience, and alignment with and motivation for this position
- Your CV
The entire recruitment process is done by Michael Page. If you have any questions, please contact Lotte de Bruin Harms on 06-13451322 or Lottedebruinharms@michaelpage.nl. You can apply via the form below or directly to Michael Page at the above e-mail address. Please mention the vacancy and our company name.